Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Rules?

3 posters

Go down

Forum Rules? Empty Forum Rules?

Post  Yumi Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:38 pm

I don't recall seeing any forum rules and guidelines posted? I might've missed it but I went to each category to double check and didn't see any. We should establish rules for both moderators and members. o.o

These are rules I wrote for another forum; feel free to edit/add-onto to fit your preference.
------------
Rules for Forum Members:
1. Do NOT spam. What is spam? If it dosen't contribute to the topic, it is considered spam. All spam belongs in the Spam Forum.
2. All posts should have 10 or more words. Posts with less than 10 words will be deleted if it dosen't contribute to the topic. Decent replies are usually long.
3. Do NOT use profanity if you direct them to another member.
4. Do NOT post threads on whether or not the server is running or not. Only post those in the SPAM section of the forums. Administrators will keep you up to date with what is going on with the server. Please be patient otherwise.
5. Do NOT create multiple accounts. We can easily check this by your I.P. address, so don't even try.
6. Keep things appropriate. PG please. Most of TranquilMS players are younger than 18 anyways.
7. All rules, terms and conditions of TranquilMS applies.
8. Use the correct format. Don't be lazy and use the correct format whenever it's availible. Failure to do so will result in the deletion of your topic.
9. Please do NOT double post unless it is absolutely necessary. Theres the 'Edit' feature availible. Make use of it.
10. Post your topic in its corresponding forum. If you make a mistake, forum moderators will assist you. However, please do your best in making sure it's the right forum before posting.
11. Report posts you see that are spam or inappropriate. This will help forum moderators do their job.
12. Do NOT advertise other private servers. You will be banned.

Rules are subject to change whenever staff and administrator deems necessary. All forum members are required to abide by these rules or face the consequences. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Guidelines for Forum Moderators.
Most of which is common sense; these simply list the basic responsibilities of a Forum Moderator.
1. Eliminate spam posts or move them to the spam section if possible.
2. Merge similar topics.
3. Make sure each topic is staying ON-topic. Off-topic posts are... "okay" if it's been marked as "Off-Topic" but it's your say.
4. You're a role model for forum use. You are required to follow all the rules listed above and follow these guidelines do the best of your ability.
5. Check forums regularly. You're a forum moderator afterall.
6. Do NOT delete posts and topics just because you felt like it. Only delete them if they are spam or if they are inappropriate.
7. Have an un-biased opinion of all members.
8. Do NOT edit other people's posts for whatever reason.

Written by: Yumi

Yumi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Back to top Go down

Forum Rules? Empty Re: Forum Rules?

Post  Piano Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:47 am

I see you've added #8 rule for moderators. Smile Well, any objections to these forum rules?
Piano
Piano
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM]Music Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Rule #8 Dont edit others posts? Seems like something you Do ''OFTEN''. Yumi Dont edit other peoples posts. Otherwise, Nice Rules i guess. Sleep
[GM]Music
[GM]Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumi Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:20 pm

[GM]Music wrote:Rule #8 Dont edit others posts? Seems like something you Do ''OFTEN''. Yumi Dont edit other peoples posts. Otherwise, Nice Rules i guess. Sleep
Actually, I think I only edited people's posts when it was neccessary. Apart from the time I edited Piano's post about the Chatbox. That's only when he stated the No-Editing-Post rule. I simply added that rule onto the list thereafter. (:

Yumi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down